THESE! Chocolate, caramel and peanut butter in one bite - can it get any better?
Now it's so cold here in Sweden and sometimes I just feel like I want to hibernate until it's warm again. But then I'm reminding myself of beautiful sunny and snowy winter days, and I wouldn't want to miss that after all. Now is also a very exciting time for me as I've recently started a new job which I really love so far. I am so ready for spring though!
Anyway, back to the cookies. They are totally vegan, totally healthy(ish) and totally delicious. Perfect with cup of tea whilst
If you have some dark chocolate laying around the kitchen you could melt that and put on the top instead of making the coconut oil chocolate in layer 3. Either way is super nice.
Chocolate, Caramel & Peanut Butter Squares
12 Small Cookies
Layer 1: Peanut
3 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 cup (1 dl) rolled oats
1 fresh date, pitted
1 tbsp water
1 tsp coconut oil
1. Blend everything quickly in a food processor until the mixture is still a bit crumbly.
2. Press the dough into a small baking tin or bread tin. Use a tin in silicone, or a regular tin covered with parchment paper.
Layer 2: Caramel
1 cup (2 dl) fresh dates, pitted
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp water
1. Blend everything in a food processor until as smooth as possible.
2. Spread out on top of the peanut layer. Put the tin in the freezer.
Layer 3: Chocolate
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp raw cacao powder or regular cocoa powder
1. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and add the syrup and cacao. Mix thoroughly with a spoon until there are no lumps left.
2. Take out the tin from the freezer and spread the chocolate on top of the caramel layer.
3. Put the tin back into the freezer until the chocolate is solid. Then remove the cake from the tin and cut it in squares. Keep in the freezer.