A short and sweet post today, because I just wanted to quickly share the recipe for this super crunchy granola. Its base is made from rolled oats and whole buckwheat and it also contains some seeds, coconut, raisins and goji berries. Spiced with cinnamon, ginger, rosehip powder and vanilla and lightly sweetened with coconut sugar and a mashed banana, it makes for a very delicious start to the day. I especially like it as a topping for smoothie bowls (of course). Yum!
Crunchy Buckwheat Granola
Makes 1 big jar
1 1/4 cup (3 dl) whole raw buckwheat groats
2 1/2 cup (6 dl) rolled oats
1/2 cup (1 dl) sunflower seeds
1/2 cup (1 dl) pumpkin seeds
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
2 tbsp rosehip powder (optional)
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 cup (2 dl) coconut chips
1/2 cup (1 dl) raisins
1/2 cup (1 dl) dried goji berries
1. Put the buckwheat groats in a bowl with water. Let soak for about 2 hours, then drain and rinse thoroughly.
2. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C (300 degrees F).
3. Put the oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla and rosehip powder into a large bowl and mix everything together. Add the soaked buckwheat.
4. Mash the banana with a fork in a small bowl. Add the coconut oil and coconut sugar. Mix into a fairly smooth paste. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Spread out the mixture on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for about 60 minutes. Stir halfway through baking.
6. If the granola isn't completely dry after 60 minutes, it can be baked for an additional 20-30 minutes with the oven door slightly open.
7. Allow to cool and then add the dried fruit and coconut. Store in a jar at room temperature.