Enjoy the rest of this weekend!
Lentil Stuffed Peppers
1 cup dried red lentils
2 carrots, coarsely grated
2 1/5 cup water
500 g (about 2 cups) tomato passata
2 tbsp tomato purée
3 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
1 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp tamari or soy sauce
Salt and black pepper to taste
Pinch of turmeric
2 tbsp runny tahini
4 bell peppers
1. Warm oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees F).
2. Boil the lentils and carrots in the water in a medium sized saucepan for about 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
3. Add tomato passata, tomato purée and all the spices. Cook for 10 more minutes and stir occasionally.
4. Remove the saucepan from the stove, add the tahini and stir thoroughly.
5. Cut the peppers lengthwise and remove their cores and stalks. Put the pepper halves on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and stuff them with the lentil sauce. Top with some fresh thyme or basil if you like.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-30 minutes, depending on desired firmness of the peppers (I prefer 15 minutes).