This noodle soup contains red lentils, which always give soups such a good consistency but also lots of nutrients like protein, iron, zinc and folic acid. The noodles in this soup are made from carrot, sweet potato and zucchini. I make them with a spiralizer, which is one of my best purchases ever since it makes eating veggies so much more fun. This recipe works really well with "regular" noodles too, though.
Serve this colourful soup with a simple green salad or maybe a massaged kale salad for some extra colour and additional nutrients.
Veggie Noodle Curry Soup
Serves about 4
2 red bell peppers
1 cup dried red lentils
5 cups water
1 big sweet potato
1 cup creamy cocnut milk
1/2 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp cumin
2 tbsp curry powder
2 tsp tamari
1 tbsp tomato purée
salt + black pepper according to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit). Slice each bell pepper into 4 pieces and put them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes.
2. Bring the lentils to the boil in the water in a big saucepan. Lower the heat and let the lentils cook for 10 minutes.
3. Peel the sweet potato and carrots. Make vegetable noodles from the zucchini, sweet paptao and carrots with a spiralizer.
4. In a food processor or with a hand-held blender, blend the coconut milk with all the spices, tamari, tomato purée and the oven-roasted bell peppers until the mixture is smooth.
5. Add the mixture and the veggie noodles to the lentils and let everything cook together for about 5-10 minutes. Serve!