I actually never really celebrate Valentine's Day, but I still think that it's a great opportunity to be reminded of taking care of ourselves. Show yourself lots and lots of love by dedicating this weekend to self-love, which of course means different things to different people. For me it means, among other things, practising yoga, spending time in nature, rose scented baths and lots of chocolate. I will also spend some much-needed time with my beloved sister. A perfect weekend!
Chocolate Hearts with a liquorice Filling
15 small hearts
75 g cacao butter
5 tbsp raw cacao powder
1-2 tsp coconut syrup or maple syrup
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2 cup fresh dates (pitted)
2 tsp liquorice powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Melt the cacao butter gently in a bowl over a saucepan with boiling water. Remove from the heat as soon as the cacao butter is melted.
2. Pour the melted cacao butter into a small bowl. Add cacao, syrup, cayenne and salt. Stir thoroughly and adjust the flavourings to your own liking.
3. Pour your chocolate into small heart-shaped praline moulds in silicone. Make sure that only about 1/3 of the moulds are filled. Put in the freezer to harden.
4. Blend the ingredients for the filling with a hand-held blender. Blend until completely smooth.
5. Put a small amount of the filling onto the hardened chocolate in the moulds. Then add more of the chocolate until the moulds are completely filled. Allow the hearts to harden in the fridge. Enjoy!