It's always good to try to eat foods in all colours of the rainbow since they will give you lots of different nutrients and antioxidants. This salad also contains my favourite vegetable kale, which is a real super food and one of the healthiest things you can eat. Eat up!
Warm salad with a creamy blueberry dressing
(Amounts to taste)
Herbal salt, dried paprika, mixed dried herbs
Beluga lentils (or other lentils)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons tahini
1 small lime, squeezed
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 F). Let the blueberries thaw while you prepare the salad.
2. Slice/chop the sweet potatoes and peeled beets. Place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and drizzle them with a little oil. Top the sweet potatoes with herbal salt and paprika, and the beets with herbal salt and some extra dried herbs. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes.
3. Boil the lentils in salted water according to the instructions on their package.
4. Tear kale leaves from their stems and chop the broccoli. Steam/boil them for a few minutes until desired softness.
5. Mix the blueberries with the tahini and lime with a hand held blender or in a food processor.
6. Put the kale and broccoli on a plate. Top with the roasted vegetables, lentils, goji berries and blueberry dressing.